We’re looking for a Front End Developer who will be reporting to a Senior Manager.
The candidate must possess knowledge relevant to the functional area, and act as a subject matter expert in providing advice in the area of expertise, and also focus on continuous improvement for maximum efficiency. It is vital to focus on a high standard of delivery excellence, provide top-notch service quality, and develop successful long-term business partnerships with internal/external customers by identifying and fulfilling customer needs. He/she should be able to break down complex problems into logical and manageable parts in a systematic way, and generate and compare multiple options and set priorities to resolve problems. The ideal candidate must be proactive, and go beyond expectations to achieve job results and create new opportunities. He/she must positively influence the team, motivate high performance, promote a friendly climate, give constructive feedback, provide opportunities for development, and manage career aspirations of direct reports. Communication skills are key here, to explain organizational objectives, assignments, and the big picture to the team, and to articulate team vision and clear objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In general, you’ll work closely with the design team, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive, and interactive interfaces across multiple devices. You will, therefore:
- Gain feedback continuously from users, team leads, and colleagues
- Monitor app performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems, and rectify any issues
- Turn UI/ UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs
- Write reusable code and libraries (with matching documentation) to a standard which makes it quick and easy to maintain the code in the future
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Optimize applications for maximum scalability
- Design new features, or maintain old features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve the usability
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
Technical and Functional Skills:
You will need to demonstrate:
- Profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- A high level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Good knowledge and practical experience in client-side build/config management
- Good knowledge and practical experience in testing tools like Webpack, Jasmine, Karma, etc.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, sonarqube, Docker, etc.