We’re looking for a Project and Operations Manager who will be reporting to Program Manager.
The candidate must possess knowledge relevant to the functional area, and act as a subject matter expert in providing advice in the area of expertise, and also focus on continuous improvement for maximum efficiency. It is vital to focus on high standard of delivery excellence, provide top-notch service quality and develop successful long-term business partnerships with internal/external customers by identifying and fulfilling customer needs. As a Project Manager, you will provide end-to-end project management on digital projects. You will be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering the project.
The ideal experience map: 10+ years of experience in Project & Operations Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Operations Management
- Plan and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative programs, projects, and/or services of broad significance to the program.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures within the specified functional area of focus.
- Provide professional consultation and leadership to all faculty and staff employed by the component and service as the principal point expertise on all matters relating to the specified functional area of focus.
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements internal reporting systems and procedures for the organization or business entity, within specified functional area of operation, as applicable to the specified functional area of focus.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its components regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures.
- Manages and/or provides day-to-day leadership to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel engaged in specified project activities, as appropriate to the position.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Hands on experience with project management software e.g. JIRA
- Strong experience in handling international technology projects
- Strong experience in Agile methodology including defining and executing sprints
- Familiarity with Content Management systems (Drupal/Sitecore/WordPress/AEM)
- Have strong CMS publishing background to understand the process/issues and solutions
- Comprehensive applied knowledge and expertise, gained at a professional level, in all aspects of the area of focus applicable to the specified role.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes of computerized business and operating systems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, development, and administration within a public institution environment.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
People Skills and Other Personality Traits:
- Excellent self-organisation, self-motivation and time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with client
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including being comfortable influencing others and working across regions.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks
- Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex creative issues.